Build Private PowerShell Gallery
A few months ago, Microsoft released the PowerShell Gallery, this a website that you can use with “PowerShellGet” (
OneGet) PowerShell module to download modules published and shared by the community :
Find-Module IseSteroids | Install-Module
This is great, the greater part of it it’s that Microsoft will allow us to host the same thing in our private Datacenter. They published the sources on GitHub :
Build Private PowerShell Gallery – Steps
- Download the project
- Unzip it
- Copy the modules from the project to “$env:ProgramFilesWindowsPowerShellModules”
- Generate the credential files : Get-Credential | Export-Clixml GalleryAdminCredFile.clixml (both user and admin)
- Update the PSD1 files to fit your need (URL, Name, Path, etc…)
- Deploy the Gallery with “
- Then, run the last script and you’re good to go !
Note : As you can see, this project is in preview, and should not be deployed in production right now.